Well for one thing ... I expected to be in bed before now! We leave for our Intercultural Missionary Training tomorrow -- well, in 4 short minutes it'll be "today!" I expect to be inspired, challenged, stretched, and better prepared for mission service there. And I expect to meet some great new friends -- more brothers and sisters in Christ.
I expected to be way more emotional departing my job. Thankfully my last day was a "different" sort of day at an all day training seminar with an uplifting, funny, inspirational speaker, Dale Henry, who encouraged us about servanthood and serving others. Very apro po for this next chapter in our lives! The main book we had to read for our upcoming training was all about Servanthood. I expect to be very challenged as I try and live out servanthood especially in another country and culture. Those who know me best know that I can tend towards being "the Queen" and enjoy BEING served!! (But then again -- can't we all if we're living in our fleshly nature?! That's one reason we're so desperate for the Holy Spirit to infiltrate our lives.)
I did not expect my boss' boss to pray for me at lunch time on my last day of "work" work. What a delightfully serendipitous occasion that was! I am sad that I have not had more opportunity to know him better.
I expect things at work to pile up on my poor supervisor and co-worker. I'm bummed that I was not able to get more caught up with things before leaving. They were so sweet and understanding about it though. That's kind of the nature of the beast at Social Services though. If you read this and are a pray-er -- pray for them!
I expected to nail the "hard part" of my prelude this a.m. I didn't. Rat finks & bummer.
I expected a great time in worship today -- with the singing, playing and praising, and the Bible teaching and fellowship. That was "spot on!" I so enjoy the fellowship we have together in the body of Christ! Thank you, Gayton Baptist Church and Pastor Phil!! I expect to miss you guys over these next few weeks!
I expected Germany to win the World Cup of Futbol today and they did!! Woot woot!! (I did not expect to see such rough playing -- nor so much blood - or for that matter, ANY blood!! Mercy!)
I am learning to hold expectations loosely. Notice I say 'learning.' And at that, I often feel like I'm in the kindergarten class of this school of training!!
It's hard. We all have expectations -- voiced or unvoiced. Known or unknown. When things get switched up and go along another track, it's often hard to adjust and go down that different path. I expect that's some of the kind of training that we'll be faced with in these next few weeks!! Lord keep us open and yielded!
I expect I'd better put the clothes into the dryer now and go to bed.
It's now "today!"
I expect you all are ready for this blurb about expectations to be over!! I am happy to fulfill those expectations!! Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment